Friday, August 26, 2011

I was not aware...

...that August is apparently "Psoriasis Awareness Month" until just now. I am somewhat active on psoriasis message boards, and yet even I did not find out that this was our month to shine until August 26th! If I didn't hear about it until now, I highly doubt that the public at large has received the message...

Anyway, in the spirit of awareness: psoriasis is a chronic auto-immune type of condition that primarily affects the skin, although it can also affect other tissues (e.g., in psoriatic arthritis). I wrote a bit about my experiences with psoriasis last winter. I have since been doing much better. I began to write a long follow up post on that, but I haven't quite gotten around to finishing it. someday soon, perhaps...

anyway, now you are aware. Have a great day! -j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

***FYI*** I am no longer accepting comments on my blog. I explain all the reasons why on my aptly entitled blog-post I’m discontinuing comments on my blog. Here’s why....

If this post still has a "comment box," it is only because I overlooked/neglected it when I systematically locked all the comments. So please do not bother commenting, because I will automatically reject it. Please take no offense - it is a general blog-wide policy...